Noble Air London Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noble Air London Hub

*** Virtually the Worlds Favourite Airline ***

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changes to London Hub Routes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NA1227G Roger Eve
Admin
NA1227G Roger Eve

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Changes to London Hub Routes Empty
PostSubject: Changes to London Hub Routes   Changes to London Hub Routes Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:34 am

Hi Guys,

I just need to bring you up to date with changes that Bob Mumford and I will making to our Hub routes. These changes will take place over a number of weeks, but at the end of the day they will be a little more like real world routes, and will eventually allow us to add AI aircraft in Noble Air colours to be flying on our routes. This means that we will see NA aircraft taxiing around our airfields as well as taking off and landing to our schedules. These changes will apply to FS9 and FSX.

The London routes will eventually all be NL (for Noble London), followed by the type of flight and number as before e.g. NLDxxxx will be a domestic Noble London flight. We will continue to have routes out of the 4 London airports, and we might add Luton in the future. Most of our very short haul (regional flights) will be out of London City. We will also be rationalising some of our flights from the other airports so that we are not duplicating too much. Each outbound flight will have a return flight assigned to it that will depart 60 minutes after the ETA at the destination. We will also carefully stagger the flight departure times. These changes will produce a more effective departure board for those that like to use this PIREP facility.

There will be changes to the assigned flights, so that once complete there will only be a London box in the "About Me" menu, rather than the four boxes as at present. You will still be able to request assignments from your preferred airport.

During the transition period there will be a reduction in available flights while we enter the new ones. We hope this will not inconvenience you too much. Please create charters if the flight you want is not currently available.

We have already deleted the London City flights, and Bob will be entering the new ones over the next few days, we will then move onto the larger airports in turn. I will let you know as and when we make these changes.

We also have plans for the future to ensure that seamless flights become available across the world. This would mean on landing at Dubai, for example, there would be flights available to Asian and African Hubs and on again from there if you wish. These would all appear on the local departure boards, but the routes may have been created by the other NA Hubs. This is available at present but we plan to make it much more comprehensive.

I would like to thanks Ed Watson for helping us with these changes, and for making route generation so much easier than before. I would also like to thank Bob who is gradually compiling a list of real world flights out of each of our airports. We continue to strive to keep it "As real as it Gets".

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Back to top Go down

Changes to London Hub Routes
Page 1 of 1