Noble Air London Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noble Air London Hub

*** Virtually the Worlds Favourite Airline ***

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NA1227G Roger Eve
Admin
NA1227G Roger Eve

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-11-17

NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Empty
PostSubject: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:31 am

Hi Guys

Myself and your AHCs have decided to adopt a new PIREP (Pilot Reports) and Flight assignment system. This will greatly enhance your flight sim experience. It is simple to use and still allows you lots of flexibility within your flights.

This system has been developed by Ed Watson from the Australia Hub, and has been in operation there for more than 18 months. Ed has offered to adapt this for the whole of Noble Air to use. We will be the first Hub outside of Australia to take this on.

I have produced a webpage which gives much more detail and you can access this from the link below. There are also details of an introductory tutorial that Ed will give for any Gatwick pilots this coming Saturday Morning on TeamSpeak.

We hope to have this all up and running from Mid September. It will initially run in parallel with the present reporting system.

Please take a look at the webpage as soon as you can.

LInk to Webpage:-
http://www.nobleair.com/hubs/lgw/New_PIREP.htm

Cheers

Roger (Hub Captain)
Back to top Go down
NA4544G Andrew
Noble Air London
NA4544G Andrew

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:40 pm

sounds very interesting i look forward to recieve my first assingment
Rgds
Back to top Go down
NA4528G John M
Noble Air London
NA4528G John M

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:52 am

Sounds good, I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
NA1227G Roger Eve
Admin
NA1227G Roger Eve

PostSubject: Re: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 am

Hi Guys,

The manuals are now available for the PIREP system both in FS9 and FSX.
The link for FSX Pirep http://www.nobleairaus.com/PIREP/autopirep/FSX-AutoPirep.zip

Please use the links available from the Gatwick Frontpage or from the Hub Files page.

This is still planned for a Mid September start affraid

cheers

Roger
Back to top Go down
NA1227G Roger Eve
Admin
NA1227G Roger Eve

PostSubject: Re: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:15 am

Hi Guys,

Tony & Bob have been doing trojan work in getting the Hub Routes onto Excel spreadsheets along with a few suggested waypoints These will then be uploaded to the new system.

They are also looking at the cargo routes.

Tony has produced a set of Regional Routes in the UK to smaller airports <200nm from Gatwick. These will be for anyone to use with light or small aircraft, but also for the new pilots to use during their first few hours.

We have also produced a very large flle of aircraft of many different sizes and types (more than BA) each with a unique registration number.

It is all coming together well. Hopefully we will be able to announce a starting date in the very near future.

Cheers

Roger
Back to top Go down
NA1227G Roger Eve
Admin
NA1227G Roger Eve

PostSubject: Re: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that we are steadily progressing the new PIREP system Cool Hopefully we will be able to go live within a couple of weeks. We are dependent on the completion of Ed Watson's work on modifying the Australian system.

I have been able to test the assignment component and it works very well. All our routes and aircraft details have been emailed to Ed, and he hopes to have them uploaded by this weekend Very Happy

I have uploaded all the pilots to the system, but will add all your hours just before the start date.

Please send in your flight reports as you go so that we can keep our roster right up to date.

I will email and post the necessary URL, username and password when we are ready to go live.

Roger
Back to top Go down
NBL3668G Ed Watson

NBL3668G Ed Watson

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 pm

Gday Guys!..

Well the work has been completed at the Australian End..

The aircraft have been loaded .. at are all parked at Gatwick (400 of them).. so I can only imagine they are down the local streets, in peoples driveways.. where ever we could fit them..

The schedules have all been uploaded.. and the pilots entered...

Upto Roger now, when he wants to 'Go Live' with the system.

hope to catch a few of you on TS over the weekend..

May I suggest, if you dont know how to use the system, please ask someone who does.. before trying to guess.. in a matter of minutes you will be flying scheduled assignments (local and International) using your own flight schedules and aircraft registrations.

All PIREPS are tracked, all pilots hrs are tracked, promotions are automatic, aircraft hours are tracked, and aircraft require maintenance after reaching certain hours.. assignments are automatic.. and that is just a few of the features of the new system.

If you use FSX, the news is even better, AUTO-PIREP at the end of the flight, 'Live' Acars while you fly.. PIREP system directly accessable via Noble software.. the list goes on..

Anyway Guys.. thats all from me for now..

Talk to you soon..

ooo-roo!

Ed Watson
NBL3668G
Asst Hub Captain - Software Development
Noble Australia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM   NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW PIREP & FLIGHT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM
Page 1 of 1